- >endowed chairs
- >faculty fellowships
- >graduate student support
- >promoting excellence in undergraduate education
- >special event support
- >visiting scholars support
- >research centers
- >more information
These days attacting the most promising graduate students to study in one's department can be as challenging and competitive as attracting the best faculty. To assist in their dissertation research, graduate students also require research funds, for example to acquire data or travel to conferences. A key factor in the growing reputation of our PhD program is the generous support of donors.
The department is proud to offer the following named Graduate Student Fellowships:
- Janet A. Alpert Fellowship in Economics
- Jenifer Jo Williamson Fellowship
- Keith Griffin Memorial Fund
- Mortimer Andron Fellowship
- Raymond K. Myerson Family Trust Graduate Fellowship in Economics
- Thormahlen Family Fellowship in Economics
- Walter Mead Graduate Student Fellowship
If you are interested in establishing a named fund to support graduate instruction in Economics, please contact Michael Miller at (805) 893-3992.
You can also make a tax-deductible donation to the Departmental Fund for Graduate Education. This fund supports equipment needs specifically for graduate students, provides graduate summer research stipends on a competitive basis, and provides emergency financial support to high-achieving graduate students in need.