Pooled Search for Economics Lecturer
The Department invites applications for qualified temporary lecturers in Accounting
The Department is creating a pool of candidates for the potential to teach economics courses. To apply online or review the application requirements (JPF02197), please see the listing on the UC Santa Barbara's Recruit website.
- Position title: Economics Lecturer
- Percent time: 33-100%
- Anticipated start: July 1st, 2022
- Position duration: Teaching appointments are temporary and variable, ranging from one to three courses per quarter, and from one quarter to one year in length, with the possibility of reappointment, based on department need.
- Open date: April 19th, 2022
- Next review date: Monday, May 16th, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time). Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
- Final date: Friday, March 31st, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time). Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The UCSB Department of Economics is creating a pool of candidates for the potential to teach courses in the department. Members of the pool would be called upon to teach lower division, upper division, or graduate students during the 2022-2023 academic years, as needed. Screening of applicants is ongoing and will continue as needed. The number of positions varies by quarter, depending on demand and the needs of the department. Please visit our website for a list of course offerings at https://my.sa.ucsb.edu/public/curriculum/coursesearch.aspx
Priority will be given to candidates who are able to teach courses at all levels (principles, intermediate, and advanced). Our primary demands are in the following subject areas:
Please note: The use of a lecturer pool does not guarantee that an open position exists at the time you are applying. See the next review date specified in UC Recruit to indicate the next potential upcoming opening. If there is no future review date showing, your application may not be considered at this time.
The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching, and service as appropriate to the position.
Basic qualifications: (required at time of application) Applicants must have completed all requirements for a PhD (or equivalent) in Economics, except the dissertation, at the time of application.
Additional qualifications: (required at time of application) A Ph.D. in Economics at the time of appointment.
Preferred qualifications: (required at time of application) Prior teaching experience (at least one quarter) highly desirable.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover letter
- Statement of Teaching - Statement to provide insight into past teaching experience and methods, experience teaching in various settings, and to get a general idea about your teaching background (Optional).
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity thorugh research, teaching, and/or service (Optional).
- Teaching Evaluations (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
Please provide contact information for 3-5 references. They may be contacted by phone for finalists only.
Apply link: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/JPF02197
Help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. Please refer to Appendix F, Section II.C. of the policy for the deadlines applicable to new University of California employees. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
Santa Barbara, CA